We need you to help make reading possible for more children and adults in West Michigan! Training classes will be held in Grand Rapids in January and Kalamazoo in February!
Please call today to schedule your interview to join us in providing individualized, one-to-one multisensory instruction in reading, writing and spelling for at-risk readers as a volunteer tutor in our Language Links program or as a paid part-time tutor for our private students throughout West Michigan.
- language-based learning disabilities
- brain research
- processes related to language development
- Orton-Gillingham approach
- multisensory instruction techniques
- alphabetic and phonemic awareness strategies
- the three-part drill for a structured review
- tactile/kinesthetic spelling techniques for phonetic and non-phonetic words
- syllabication for multisyllabic words
- lesson planning for 1:1 lessons
Interviews are required to register for new tutor training. To schedule an interview in the Grand Rapids, Lakeshore (northern) or Big Rapids area, Monica Crumback at 616.361.1182 or in the Kalamazoo or Lakeshore (southern) area, contact Heidi Turchan at 269.345.2661.